Friday, September 12, 2008

Feeling frazzled...


I always end up like this. I get involved in too much at once! Work has been hectic this week and all I can think about is all the things I have to get done! Soccer started this week (Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6-7:30), and Blake's birthday is coming up. I also promised a friend that I would make one of the colored pencil monograms for her teacher mother-in-law. And the Sweet & Sinister Swap! Not to mention, Open House is the same night at soccer, the next day is his birthday (we are taking him to a character breakfast at the Disney Polynesian Resort, he doesnt know it yet), and then their first game is the same day as his party! As much as I am trying to get done, I know September is going to be a busy month.

I offered Blake all sorts of suggestions for his birthday this year. Those inflatable play-places (we have two that just opened), a paint your own pottery place, the movies... But, he wanted to have it at home. And his theme?



Totally Gross. So I put my thinking cap on and got busy. I think it's going to turn out good. I havent taken a picture of the invitations yet, but I will! I am going to attempt to make a paper mache nose. The plan is to fill it with slime & bouncy balls and have them dig in. I also want to make slime (the cornstarch & water variety) and have them dig for rubber snakes in it. Then I thought I could have them make some of the very same slime. Then it's time for water balloons! I bought all kinds of bugs, rats, snakes, etc to decorate with. And I am planning on freezing some mini-spiders into ice cubes for the drinks. Oh, and I got one of those brain jello molds. I will defiantly post photos! Does anyone else have any other suggestions or ideas?



And the Sweet & Sinister Swap seems to be creeping up on me. I thought I had plenty of time, until I realized we have to mail on October 1st! So I am trying to whip that stuff out too. I think I need a day off just to craft!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...