Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Flea Babies

It may not sound like it, but "Flea Babies" is a term of endearment around here. In this case, it's the kitties. For some reason, Pumpkin likes to climb up the back of the jeans and then squeeze her butt through the center hole. She may look cute, but if you try and pet her, she will bite and or scratch you.



I dont think I ever posted about it, but several months ago, when I went out to get the newspaper, I saw a little black kitten take off across the yard, right towards the road. I knew what was about to happen, and my heart sank when I heard the thump. I ran out there expecting the worse. I picked the tiny thing up and tried to look at it without hurting it. There was no external damage, but who knew what may have happened internally. I sat him in the grass in our yard because I didnt know what to do. I knew I couldnt afford to take him to the vet. I came out and checked on him once and he was still there. But when I went to leave for work, he was gone. Mike said he saw him in the back yard a little later when he went to leave but coudlnt get near him.


After that there were no sightings. Until a month or so later, a friend of his was over working on the electric and mentioned seeing our little black kitten. Turns out, he has been living underneath the house. He is still here, but you can't get too close. He seems to be growing more comfortable with us because he used to take off the second you walked out. Now he will sit there and watch you and wait for you to leave the food out. He got a name tonight. It's Steel, since he's a "kitty made out of steel". He survived being hit by a car and doesnt seem to be hurt at all. This was taken through the kitchen window. He is all black with very bright green eyes.

I need to get a post typed up about the kittens. They are getting so big and cute!



2 comments:

please sir said...

Aww so cute - hanging in the closet on the hangers? WOW - that's a new site!

Amy Marie said...

oh my goodness that is certanly a wonderful feat there! Can't imagine any of my fat cats doing that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...