Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Break... Day 2


For day two, we decided to make some soap. I wanted to make some for party favors for Layla's birthday, so I figured why not do it now? So we gathered our supplies...

Cut up the soap bar...



Melted it and added some color... First lavender.





We added that to the molds...



Next up, some seafoam green...



Added that to the mold...



And finally, some peach...



And we added that to the molds.


Proud of their handywork:



While we were waiting for them to cool, I decided we would make up some strawberry shortcake. Even though Layla wont touch it, and Blake will only eat the cake & Cool Whip.



Check out this monster berry!



She might not be willing to eat it, but she wanted to help make it!




Finally, the soapsicles were ready!



I think they turned out pretty cute! And really easy.



They almost look good enough to eat!


5 comments:

Kim said...

What a cool idea. I love the soap.

Womandriver2@gmail.com said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am actually in the "Forest Corners" area so I know all about Salt Springs! The soap'cicles' are neat!

Funny.. I used to live in Lakeland... near kathleen for about 2 years. :)

Rachel Berry said...

Wow what a fun craft to do with the kids!! Your spring break looks like it is going better then ours did. We had double ear infections and vomit.. Sigh...good times...


:)Rachel

Ps. Next time you make Strawberry shortcake I'm sooooo there.. :)

Grace@PoeticHome said...

The soapsicles are so cute! I love how creamy they even look.

I'm particular enamored with your header, as orange blossoms are my favorite scent in the world :)

Unknown said...

The soaps look so real! What a great idea. I love the colors you used. I have those same molds so maybe Maren and I will have to make soap sometime. What a great idea for a party favor!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...