Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Pumpkin Patch

It's been awhile since I posted about the pumpkin patch, so I thought I'd share some pictures. Both areas have been tilled, made into hills & the seeds have been planted. The hill thing is a lot harder than it looks! We ordered our seeds from Henry Fields & Gurneys. The weird looking stuff in these rows is newspapers, to help block weeds. In this small field we have birdhouse gourds & Jack Be Little pumpkins.


And here is the big field.


Out here we have jack-o-lanterns, Lumina, Cinderella, Jack Be Little, Lil Pump-ke-mon & Big Max pumpkins. I'm a little disappointed in some of the seeds. The first few rows to the right of this picture have the jack-o-lantern pumpkins planted, and not many of the seeds have come up. We ended up getting some seeds from Lowe's and those have almost all popped up. Not sure what happened, but it's kind of frustrating.




Hopefully this is all successful! Oh and anyone want to come & help weed? It SUCKS!

2 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

How exciting! Our pumpkins are doing great with the exception of a vine which the fertilizer guy hit with stuff...do pumpkin vines look like grass or weeds, MISTER???

Good luck!!!

CathyBB said...

Hi there! I saw your ice cream party on the Creative Party Place and thought I'd say hi. =) Your cake and topper were absolutely fantastic! I see here that you made an equally amazing 4th of July cake, too - WOW!!!

The shirt was great too and so was the sign. I had a sign-lettering experience of my own at 2 a.m. before a birthday and I was so tired I made a spelling error! So you should feel pretty good. =) Thanks for sharing your party!

P.S. If you're taking votes from random strangers, I like photos #3 and 4 below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...