Thursday, March 10, 2011

Morgan's Rainbow Party!

Be prepared, there are a lot of photos! But I wanted to include the entire party in one post. So here goes.

You can't have a party without invitations. I blogged about them here.

I was completely inspired by the adorable rainbow t-shirt created by Little Bit Funky. I saved it before I even thought about a rainbow party! It's adorable and was so easy.



Here she is wearing it. A colored shirt would probably have been cuter, but she was supposed to wear a tutu, so I wanted it white. She wanted no part of the tutu.


I made the tags for the goody bags using stamps and the striped paper I found at Michaels. I originally wanted different colored goody bags, but when I found these red ones on Valentine's clearance for $.37 a package, I had to go with red.


The goody bags included chalk, pencils, bubbles (also V-day clearance, $.50 a pack), rainbow lollipops, straws & paint chip notepads.


The notepads were easy & FREE!

Now for the decor. There was the rainbow wreath, of course.

And the Fill A Bowl.

Awhile back, I had purchased these crochet face scrubbies on Etsy. I think I was going to put them in the kids stockings, and forgot. So I used them to decorate!

Tissue poms - gotta have em!





I found these pinwheels at the Dollar Tree.

I found this adorable card at Tiny Prints.

The confetti was found at Michaels on clearance.

Goodies! Of all kinds!

Chocolate coins.

Rainbow Twizzlers.

Pretzel MMs (in vintage Pyrex!).




Gummy worms & bears (more Pyrex!).

Candy dots.

Gumballs.

Colorful Goldfish (again with the Pyrex).

Chocolate covered marshmallow pops.


And chocolate covered Oreos.

To make serving ice cream faster & easier, I pre-scooped it into cupcake liners. I kept them in the freezer until it was time to serve.


LinkThe kids LOVED this, rainbow slush!

The cake!! That is the tutu she was supposed to wear. She looked SO cute! But as soon as I got it on her, she started trying to pull it off. So I gave up & put some rainbow shorts on her. I thought it looked great around the cake though.

I was going to make fondant balls to border the cake, but I figured gumballs were a heck of a lot faster. And easier!


This was to be expected, right?

We also had cupcakes. And I forgot a photo, but I filled my drink dispenser with Sprite, and added colorful plastic ice cubes, found at Dollar Tree.





There were no planned activities. All but one of the boys in attendance play football, so they played out in the field. Layla and the few little ones played around the house and everyone seemed happy. Now it's time to plan Layla's party which is next month. And a HUGE thank you to Catch My Party for featuring this party on their front page!


Linked to:
Show & Share Day at Just a Girl, Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now, I'm Crafty Party at So You Think You're Crafty, Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots & Jello, Strut Your Stuff at Saturday Mornings, Sundae Scoop at I ♥ Naptime, Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table & Dreaming, Get Your Craft On at Todays Creative Blog, Too Cute Tuesday at Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Show & Tell at Blue Cricket Design, Idea Sharin Wednesday at Women Who Do It All, Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style, Talent Tuesday at Vintage Wanna Bee, Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts, Look What I Made at Creations by Kara, Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage, Hookin Up With HoH at House of Hepworths, Catch-As-Catch-Can at My Repurposed Life, Shindig Saturday at Kims Kandy Kreations, Link Party at Bird's Party Blog, 4th Annual Party Party at My Insanity, CSI Project Birthday Party Challenge

Visit thecsiproject.com

51 comments:

Stephani said...

This turned out wonderfully! Thanks for posting!

Unknown said...

Wendy, it was absolutely gorgeous!! Every detail was just perfect! Will you share how to make the rainbow slush? Looking at that photo makes me thirsty! LOL Incredible job. Now I have to convince Maren to have a rainbow party next year! :)

Natasha said...

WOW you really outdid yourself, what a beautiful and fun party!! Lucky little girl!

Nicole said...

Everything about this is beyond adorable!! What a lucky little girl you have!

Lynn said...

Everything turned out so cute!! Definitely tell us how you made the slush - I'm totally going to make it when it gets warm outside and I don't have three feet of snow in my yard anymore :)

Humble Bee said...

awesome. the slush is pretty cool and fantastic job on the cake. you put a lot of effort in to the party and did fantasticly
Becki

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Fantastic party ... there's nothing I love more than a good theme and you had so many great details. The tutu looked great around the cake and I loved the rainbow slush. Bet those kids had a great time!

Colleen Miller said...

WOWZERS!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! I'm soooo in awe of you. What an amazing party. I wish I could pull off something like that! Congratulations!!!! I could stare at this post forever with my mouth wide open. Hurrah hurrah!!!!!!

Kari said...

visiting from Hip2Save. What an adorable party theme. Everything is adorable. My favorite has to be the rainbow shirt and the paint notebooks.

Unknown said...

Wow, that was amazing! Great ideas!

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Saw you at Serenity Now's linky party.



HOLY MOLY. I want to come to this party! It is so fantastic. Everything from the rainbow cake, the invitations, the shirt, gahhhh. The wreath, the face scrubbies with clothespins. Paint chip notebooks!

I am in awe of your party-throwing skills. :) TY for sharing all of this.

Meri said...

I LOVE this party idea! So bright and colorful :)

Glad to have found you through Serenity Now's link party :)

~meri

Rebecca said...

What a wonderful day! Everything is just perfect and WOW look at that cake! Yum.

Can I talk you into doing a quick tutorial on those paintchip notebooks to share on the Examiner? Such a fab and cute idea. :)

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

One of the cutest party ideas I've ever seen! And thank GOODNESS she refused to wear the tutu, because that thing looked MAGNIFICENT around the cake! What a happy mistake. :) And the gumball border was terrific ... fondant balls wouldn't have been worth the trouble! So cute, every bit of it.

Kelli W said...

This is such an awesome Rainbow party I don't even know where to start! The shirt is so cute, the chocolate covered oreos are genius, using the gumballs instead of fondant was an awesome idea, and that rainbow slush is so great!! You did an amazing job!

kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

wow! totally cute!

i especially loved that you put the tutu to good work around the cake! awesome!

also. i have to know the secret of the slush!! this looks like a fun summer idea! please share!

amazing.. i wish i could pull off a rainbow party for my boys! lol..!!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Fantastic - you thought of everything! What a fun theme to run with!

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, I just love it! Such a fun and original theme, I'm trying to think of a theme for my twins, eek!

Brooke said...

Oh what a cute party!!! So many adorable details!!! Hey thanks for your comment on my blog! I say GO FOR IT with the pillows! If you already hate them anyway then you really have nothing to lose. I promise you'll be so happy you did it! :)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

This is one of the cutest parties I've seen in a long, long time. You created a beautiful, festive party that was not just beautiful, but made with love by you. I am so impressed!

Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :)

Dawn said...

what an awesome party! you thought of everything! love, love, love the cake you made-looks so cool when you cut it. the tutu looks cute around it too-that's something one of my kids would do to me :)

Binge Crafter said...

Cute! I did a rainbow party for my daughter's first birthday last month and I had a few similar things! Funny! I hope you'll stop by and take a look.
Angela
http://bingecrafter.blogspot.com/search/label/birthday%20party

*Amber* said...

Wow! You are VERY creative! :D

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh, What a great party! I love all of the decorations and all the color.

Unknown said...

Love this!! And I think I like the tutu better around the cake!! LOL

Here from under the table!

DIY Party Mom said...

Wow! That's one awesome party. I love how everything just works together so beautifully. Thanks so much for sharing.

I hope you'll share it at our Shindig Saturday party:
http://sweetcraftcakes.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweet-links-party-no-8.html

Colleen Miller said...

Um, you're never going to believe this, but today my 3 year old said to me that she wants a rainbow party for her birthday. I was jumping for joy when she said that, and I immediately thought of you and all the exciting things we can do. You've inspired me so much and I decided I'm going to do the party here at home, with the rainbow theme. I have a little while it's not until the end of April, but never to early to start planning! I'm doing my first "test" this Thurs. for our moms group breakfast with a rainbow trifle. I'll post pics....thanks for all your beautiful inspirations!!!! I'll keep you posted on what I am able to accomplish!

Melissa N. said...

This is awesome. I love the tutu around the cake! Your rocked it for sure.

Stephanie said...

Really cute! I love the hanging scrubbies :)

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Okay, you are amazing! I'm doing a rainbow party for my baby's first bday in two weeks, and I basically think I'll just copy you. :) You are amazing!

Sumo:)

PS - I made my rainbow wreath and it makes me so happy to see it on my front door!

Jennifer said...

So cute! (found you on the Someday Craft link!) I love all your details! Especially the slush and cake!
May I have permission to feature this party in my Soiree Day next Tuesday?
Thanks!
Jennifer
jwheel75@gmail.com

Angell said...

Great job!! I just love it!

I featured it on my other blog devoted to celebrations and holidays.

Here's the link:
http://celebrationsandholidays.blogspot.com/2011/03/rainbow-birthday-party-by-ramblings.html

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

We are still looking for "EVERYTHING GREEN" for St. Partick's Day recipes for THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS linky party! I would love for you to link up your recipe.

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-20-go.html

Robyn said...

WOWWWW! I love everything you did! So many delightful details that made everything PERFECT!!! I love the tutu under the cake, I've done that before with a pink one but I just ADORE that rainbow tutu! I'm posting about my daughters sweet shoppe party tomorrow! ...oh btw, I LOVE your cake banner!

Unknown said...

SO SO SO CUTE!! I'd love for you to come link up to Wow Me Wednesday!

http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/2011/03/wow-me-wednesday.html

Ivy said...

That is awesome! I love all the details you put into the party!

Unknown said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You throw the most awesome parties and your kids are the luckiest! I love all the ideas. The tee is so cute, the cake was fabulous, love the memo books and all the decorations, and food. Those rainbow buttons/or dots were a favorite of mine as a kid. Your ideas were all so creative!

Unknown said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You throw the most awesome parties and your kids are the luckiest! I love all the ideas. The tee is so cute, the cake was fabulous, love the memo books and all the decorations, and food. Those rainbow buttons/or dots were a favorite of mine as a kid. Your ideas were all so creative!

Johanna said...

How creative....I love your party ideas!! I loved it so much...I showcased it on my blog about rainbows with a link back to you. Thanks for sharing!!

Karen@SimpleBlue said...

stinkin' cute! The little notebooks are a very clever idea!

Brandi said...

Wow, what a fun party! You did an outstanding job on the details!

brooke said...

Amazing! Love it.

Colleen Miller said...

Hey Wendy,
Did you make the rainbow tissue pom poms yourself? I am gearing up for my daughter's rainbow party and I just love those, I want them!!!! Please let me know if you get a chance. Thanks,
Colleen

Debbie said...

AMAZING creativity! What a fun party!

Unknown said...

lovely shirt tag...
water blow in my mouth to see these tasty products..
great kids birthday party ideas that you have used here...

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

Hi, Could you please explain how you made the paint chip notebook??? I have no idea what that white button thing is! Thanks!

Meaningful Mama said...

I'm doing a rainbow themed birthday for my daughter in April. You've got my creative juices flowing here.

albertt thomson said...

It looks great! Good job..Birthday t-shirt

Justin leon said...

you are here with sweet dishes only. i always miss the other food at Kids Birthday Parties in Orlando. why are you not here with something spicy or barbecue?

Unknown said...

I love the skirt around the cake. I made a dragon rainbow party favor. Here is the link.http://wp.me/p1n3qh-qm

Drew Watts said...

Truly a lovely rainbow party and you did adorable work. Liked everything from tissue poms in décor to the luscious birthday cake. Planning to host a surprise birthday party at one of New York venues on my niece’s birthday and will use this idea. Thanks for sharing it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...