Saturday, September 15, 2012

Flea Market Finds

 This past Monday, my in-laws, Morgan & I headed down to the tiny town of Webster for their weekly flea market. It's only on Mondays and it can be VERY busy at times. This time wasn't one of them. But that's good for us! I haven't been junkin in awhile, but I did find a couple of treasures to bring home.

 I have a small insulator collection, which I had to start over thanks to a certain cat & a certain kid. I had only clear ones this go round, until I found this teal one for $2.00.

 I was most excited about this abacus. It's big and worn out just enough. I think we're going to hang it on our living room wall. Possibly above the little school desk we use as an end table.


 In the meantime, Morgan enjoys playing with it. Am I the only one who doesn't know how to use one of these things?

The insulator made it's way into the bathroom with the rest of the collection. Out of Morgie's reach!


Have you found anything good lately?

Linked to Today's Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitalit, Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl


5 comments:

The Teachers Wife said...

OH I LOVE the Webster Fleamarket!! We just moved to Iowa a few weeks ago so I will miss it there! I loved the lady with all of the geodes - they were so pretty!

Unknown said...

That abacus is really cool! It looks like just the type of thing you'd see in Country Living or BHG magazine on the wall of some really funky decorated room. Awesome find!

Tiff said...

I've never seen a chalkboard/abacus combo before, so neat! I have a thing for vintage chalkboards lately and would've scooped that up in a heartbeat too :)

Tiff

Jill said...

Great idea for the abacus - that's a unique and fun find!!

Anikó said...

wow that's some abacus! I love the bashed-up blue paint, it's lovely vintage look and its an unual size (unusual to me, i've only seen smaller tabletop ones before).

what a great find!!

also never seen any of those glass thingies before- they make a nice display.

Aniko from idleneedle.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...